Go with your first choice, always
by Kara Daniels
I had a friend remind me of something very important the other day as I found myself trying to make a tough decision. He said, “trust your gut” and I remembered just how important doing that can be.
I am superstitious. I am a strong believer in the power of intuition. I think trusting your gut is incredibly important and not something to be ignored.
Have you ever found yourself staying in one night because you didn’t feel like going out for whatever reason? You changed your plans and stayed home only to wake up to a story on the news about an accident that happened on the route you would have taken on the way to your friend’s place or wherever you had planned on going that night and thought, wow, that could have been me. I strongly believe everything and everyone has its own time and place.
Your intuition exists for you to pay attention to it. Feel it.
Go with your first choice, always.
This brings up a memory from grade school when I had been told to always go with my first choice when taking multiple choice quizzes. They said that in a lot of cases, people second-guess themselves, changing their answer when their first answer had actually been the correct one. How crazy is that? Do we possibly not tune-in to what our mind and body is telling us enough?
Stop over-analyzing things. Don’t try to over-correct things.
Things don’t work out for a reason. You are where you are because you’re supposed to be.
One thing leads to another and it’s beautiful.
A few other things I’ve learned as of late:
- Maturity does not come with age. This was a disappointing one to discover.
- Call your friends, your family, and don’t miss that birthday party. It means more to them than you realize.
- There is a time for travel and adventure and there is a time to sit still for a while to get your ducks in a row.
- Read more. Watch more documentaries. Listen to more podcasts.
- Listen to people without judgement. This is difficult but important.